How to ace XAT Exam in 90 days
XAT is a national level managment entrance exam that is conducted by Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur on the behalf of Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI). XAT 2019 exam will be held on January 6, 2019 and the registeration for the same has commenced. The XAT 2019 score is accepted by over 120 B-Schools in the country with thousands of students appearing for the entrance exam every year. There is just about 3 months left for the exam so to help candidates appearing in the XAT 2019 we have shared in this article some preparation tips for preparing for XAT exam in 90 days.
To make your XAT attempt significant, it is of extreme important that we strategize right, take mock test (as many of them) and well planned time management.
A. Possible focus areas:
- -Focus more on areas that your strength rather than investing time in overcoming your weaknesses.
- -Make sure that you are well versed with the syllabus and always keep it handy. Also, check the topics that you are confident about and make a timeline to work on or revise topics that you feel might need some refreshing or practice.
- -Make a practice schedule and stick to that, it's important that you discipline yourself for the next 90 days.
- -Mock test should be a habit, at least one per day for initial days and then increase the frequency as the D-Day comes closer.
- -Joining a good test series may be handy, as the test provided by them would not only bring perspective, but the after test analysis would give areas to focus on.
- -Make sure that you have all your basics clear if not get a book in hand and get your basics in place.
B. Preparation strategy
First 10 days
- Do one Mock test per day at least for the next 70 days.
- Make sure that you have covered all your basics from the quant section as having clear basis is essential when it comes to solving quant questions in the exam.
- Also, make it a point to do a lot of reading. Read the newspaper every day as it will help you build your speed for reading comprehensions and also keep you updates on current affairs.
Next 10 days
- Continue attempting mock tests but remember that a analysis your performance in the mock test is important too as it will your determine the areas where you need to work.
- Practice all the areas that you feel need work in the quant, DI and LR areas.
- Also work on your decision making skills as it when attempting the CAT exam you would need to have a good understanding of what questions to attempt and which ones to skip.
- Also start working on building your vocabulary along with your reading. Make vocab cards or buy vocab flash cards and practice with them on a daily basis.
Next 20 days
- Make sure that you continue working on your basics and also keep attempting mock test. Although, you should increase your daily mock test from one to two. And don't forget to anaylse your performance in these tests.
- You should notice an improvement in your speed and accuracy of attempted questions by now. If not, then you need to immediately address this concern. As both speed and accuracy are important factors in the XAT exam.
- Make it a habit of quickly reading the comprehensions or the passage while still analysing the content provided. If you have been doing daily reading by now you will notice that reading full sentences is not required to sense of the entire content. You will learn to read only the relevant sections and scan through the irrelevant areas. This would help you save valuable time for responding to questions in the reading comprehension section.
Next 30 days
- Now it's time for you to adapt yourself to the exam environment. To make yourself comfortable of the D-Day scenario take a clock and attempt questions in the similar manner in which you'd do in the exams.
- Keep this practice up for the next 30 days. Also, don't forget to analyse each test after you attempt it. Analysing your performance in the exam will help you improve on things that you are still lacking behind in.
- Lastly, it is important that you remain calm during the test. Students often feel agitated, anxious or nervous before or during the exam which usually messes up with their performance. A calm mind during the test will help you maintain your confidence and give your best.
Final 20 days
These are last few days before the exam. So by now you will have clear understanding of what areas are your strength and which ones are your weak areas. You also must have developed strategies that you think would come in handy when solving questions in the exam.
- Attempt mock tests and test out any or all strategies that you have come up with.
- Analyse your performances and make sure that you are not faltering in any area that are your strength and see how well do your strategies fare up.
- It is advisable to avoid attempt long and lengthy questions during your first attempt. Leave such questions and come back to them afterwards. Leave any questions that takes more than a designated time that you need to spend on any question.
For more information about XAT and other management entrance exams keep visiting MBA section of jagranjosh.com. You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter to receive latest updates directly in your inbox.
XAT 2019 Notification: All about Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Important dates and Admit Card
XAT 2019: Admit Card available for download now
XAT 2019 Exam Syllabus
XAT Exam Analysis: Tricky paper to keep cut-offs low