The IAS Prelims 2014 will be conducted on 24 August 2014. The right time to start the preparation is the current time. Actually Time Management is mandatorily required now to cover up the whole syllabus. Syllabus mentions History, Indian National Movement, Geography, Polity and Governance, Economy and other Sections.
How to prepare
Environmental issues are evolving as the biggest concern of the Global Governance. The Environmental Issues are driving the path of the development for the Developed as well as Developing Countries. But for the candidates the Environment issues are increasingly taking more and more space in the IAS Prelims General Studies Paper I. The number of Questions related to environmental issues is increasing and has taken a share of 10- 15 questions.
The following points needs careful consideration
- The Environmental Issues can be read from the list of books such as NCERT, National School of Open Learning Material, IGNOU Material and other standard books
- Various magazines print special issues related to the environmental Concerns, the candidates can read these special issues
- The candidates should keep a keen watch on the latest Summits and Reports published by different publishers
- There are various issues of Yojana and Kurukhshetra related to Environmental Issues which can be read
- The candidates should make notes from the news paper related to the Environmental Issues currently in the news.
- The Candidates should make a glossary of terms related to the Environmental Issues. News paper and Standard books can help the candidates
- The Articles written by the Environmentalist and Scholars in the newspaper are very much useful for the Environmental Issue
- The Reports of International and National Environmental Bodies are very useful because sometimes direct questions can be asked from these reports
- Always try to know all the aspects of Environmental Issues such as the Scientific Principle involved, the principle involved in the pollution of the environments and the likes.