Indian Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) is one of the top colleges in the field of rural management education and research. The institute has announced the admission process for its PGDRM 2019-21 batch. Candidates can access the application forms in the online mode on the official website of the exam, there is no offline facility to apply for the exam. Also, IRMA has introduced certain changes to its admission criteria and admission process for the 2019-21 batch. Candidates can check all the details in the article below. The last date to apply at IRMA is December 31, 2018.
Programmes Offered by IRMA
Indian Institute of Rural Management Anand offers MBA specialisation in the field of Rural Management. The institute offers both masters and doctoral level courses. At the doctoral level, the institute offers ‘Fellow Program in Rural Management’ which has a minimum residency requirement of 3 years. Whereas at the master’s level the institute offers a Post Graduate Program in Rural Management (PGDRM).
Post Graduate Programme in Rural Management(PGDRM)
IRMA’s Post Graduate Program in Rural Management is a fully residential, two -year program. The course is aimed at developing young managers capable of assuming challenged filled responsibilities in rural cooperatives and development organisations. IRMA’s PGDRM program is recognized as an equivalent to Master's degree in Rural Management by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The program has also been accredited by The National Board of Accreditation (NBA). The course curriculum comprises four distinct yet mutually supportive segments - classroom, village field work, development internship and management internship.
Programme-wise Eligibility Criteria at IRMA
The eligibility criteria for admission to the PGDRM course at the Indian Institute of Rural Management Anand is as provided below:
- Candidate aspiring for admission in the PGDRM course at IRMA must have successfully completed their graduation degree(any discipline) from a recognised university. They must have also scored an aggregate of 50 percent marks (40 percent for the SC/ST/Differently Abled People) at the graduation level to be eligible.
- Candidates in the final year of their graduation are also eligible to apply if they expect to complete all the requirements of graduation before July 01, 2019.
- In case, the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence would be based on the equivalence certified by the institution/university from where candidate pursued their bachelor's degree. However, if the institution/university does not have any scheme for converting the CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by IRMA Anand by dividing the obtained CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant by 100 to confirm the eligibility of the candidate.
- Candidates need to apply and appear for the CAT 2018/XAT 2019 exam. They must also score the required cut-off marks in the entrance exam to be eligible for admission.
- Work experience is not mandatory for this program.
IRMA PGDRM 2019-21: Admission Process
Candidates can follow the below mentioned step for the IRMA’s PGDRM Admission Process:
Step 1: Candidates must apply and appear for either the CAT 2018 or XAT 2019 management entrance exam. They also need to secure the minimum required cut-offs marks in the exam.
Step 2: Secondly, the candidates needs to register and apply for the IRMA Admission Process via online mode through the institute’s official website. They would also need to submit the application of Rs. 1500/-. Candidates can only make changes to the details filled in the application before the final submission. Once, submitted no edits can be made to the application form thus, they are advised to fill the form carefully.
Step 3: The third step is shortlisting of candidates for the interview round based on their profile and entrance exam scores.
Step 4: After that, the shortlisted candidates would be required to take the IRMASAT 2019 & Attend PI Round. All the profile based or non-profile based shortlisted candidates have to appear in IRMASAT 2019, Group Activity followed by Personal Interview. The process will be held at IRMA Campus.
Step 5: The Final Admission Offer will be made to the candidates around the last week of April or the First week of May 2019 on the basis of their Final Merit Score.
IRMA PGDRM 2019-21: Shortlisting Criteria
The admission criteria for PGDRM 2019-21 batch at IRMA has some slight changes as compared to the last year’s shortlisting criteria. The shortlisting process for the final selection round will now be based either on profile or on the CAT/XAT score, and only the shortlisted candidates will be able to appear in IRMASAT and GD-PI rounds.
The Admission Criteria for the 2019-21 PGDRM batch will be a two-step process. In the first step, the shortlisting criteria will be based on profile and Non- profile along with the CAT/XAT exam score and the second step involves taking the IRMASAT and GD-PI rounds conducted by IRMA.
Profile Based Shortlisting Criteria
The candidates who are shortlisted on the basis of their profile are also required to meet a minimum qualifying score in the entrance exam. Candidates fulfilling the below mentioned criteria's are eligible for being shortlisted for profile based calls.
- Candidates having a graduation degree in Development, Agriculture, Dairy, Public policy, Sustainability, Veterinary Sciences, Food Technology
- Candidates with work experience in the development sector, dairy, public policy
- Excellence in Academics with graduation from top universities and colleges
- Candidates who score above 80 percentile in CAT 2018/XAT 2019 and fall in the Profile based call criteria are eligible to be shortlisted for IRMASAT and GD/PI process
Non-Profile Based Shortlisting Criteria
Applicants are also shortlisted separately with Non-Profile based Criteria for IRMASAT and GD-PI round:
- Candidates who have scored above 85 percentile in CAT 2018/XAT 2019 and fall in the Non-Profile based call criteria are eligible to be shortlisted for IRMASAT and GD/PI process.
- Both IRMASAT 2019 and GD/PI process will be conducted at IRMA for shortlisted candidates
- Mere fulfillment of minimum eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for shortlisting for next stage of the Admissions process
IRMA PGDRM 2019-21: Final Admission Selection Criteria
The Final admission selection process at IRMA for admission to Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Management (PGDRM) is as given below:
- All the shortlisted candidates are eligible to participate in Final selection round for admission to IRMA, Anand.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for selection process at IRMA where they will have to take the IRMA Social Awareness Test 2019 (IRMASAT 2019), Group Activity and Personal Interview.
- Both IRMASAT 2019 and GD/PI process will be conducted at IRMA for shortlisted candidates.
- The final admission offer is based on a composite score, which takes into account the applicant’s profile, academic record, entrance test scores (CAT 2018/XAT 2019), Work experience (If any), Performance in IRMASAT, Performance in Group Activity and Personal Interview.
IRMA PGDRM 2019-21: Admission Cut-offs
To get admission to the PGDRM programme of IRMA, candidates must have a fair idea about the cut-off scores required by IRMA in different management entrance exam. The institute doesn’t keep very high cut-offs as it does not place a high emphasis on the entrance exam performance when it comes to the selection criteria. The cut-offs set for the CAT 2018 and XAT 2019 set by the institute as are as given below:
Cut off percentile
Cut off Percentile
IRMA Programme Fees
The programme fees for the PGDRM course offered by the IRMA is as mentioned below. The total programme fee payable by PGDRM students at IRMA is Rs. 12,08,400/-
- The mess is managed by the students’ body. Boarding and personal expenses will be over and above the mentioned fee. Currently, the average monthly expenses of the mess are around Rs. 4,000/-.
- Students are also required to make a payment of Rs. 3000/- towards Students Activity Fund in the IRMA Student Mess at the time of joining.
If you want to stay updated with more information about MBA Admissions, keep visiting MBA section of jagranjosh.com