In this article, we have shared all 25 questions of English section asked in SSC GD constable exam held in 2015 Morning shift paper. Go through all questions and solve them at your own efforts, then prepare study strategy and time table to prepare them all before the exam time.
SSC GD Constable question paper 2015: English
Question Nos. 1 to 3
Directions: Some parts of the sentences have errors and some are correct. Find out which part of a sentence has an error and blacken the circle corresponding to the appropriate correct option. If a sentence is free from error, blacken the circle corresponding to “No Error” option in the Answer Sheet.
1. He finds fault at everything I do.
a) He finds fault
b) at everything
c) I do
d) No error
2. The kitchen need painting badly and I must get it done.
a) need painting badly
b) The kitchen
c) and I must get it done
d) No error
3. If I will play my best I can win any day against anybody.
a) if I will play my best
b) I can win any thy
c) against anybody
d) No error
Question Nos. 4 to 6
Directions: A part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed choose ‘No Improvement”.
4. Years ago, I met a man which was President and Chairman of the board of a company.
a) No improvement
5. Covering thirty kilometers in thirty minutes are not a great distance using a brand new car.
a) aren’t a great distance
b) No improvement
c) is no distance
d) is not a great distance
6. Where are you coming from?
a) do you come from
b) were you from
c) No improvement
d) you are coming from
Question Nos. 7 to 13
Directions: Sentences given with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate word(s). Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by blankening the appropriate circle in the Answer Sheet.
7. She had to _________ illness in order to avoid going to the party meeting.
8. Your ________ nature will aid you in attaining success in every venture you undertake.
9. The publisher is bringing ______ a revised edition of this book.
10. The is our house and that is _______.
11. One who can not corrected-
12. Put side by side-
13. Chief or Commander of army-
Question Nos. 14 to 16
Directions: Choose the word opposite in meaning to the given word and mark it in the Answer Sheet.
Question Nos. 17 to 19
Directions: Out of the four alternatives, choose the one which best expresses the meaning of the given word and mark it in the Answer Sheet.
Question Nos. 21 to 22
Directions: Four alternatives are given for the Idiom/Phrase underlined in the sentence. Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the Idiom/Phrase and mark it in the Answer Sheet.
20. He beats about the bush.
a) talks continuously
b) does not talk specifically
c) talks sensibly
d) speak well
21. I have taken fancy to this car.
b) developed liking for
c) given imaginative touches
22. carry out
b) complete something
d) to take in
Question Nos. 23 to 25
Directions: Four words are given in each question, out of which only one word is correctly spelt. Find the correctly spelt word and mark your answer in the Answer Sheet.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.