The experts of jagranjosh.com have full confidence that you will not miss any of the questions in the board exam as well as in competitive exams from this chapter if you will keep the following terms / question in your mind while studying
- State Farraday;s law for the magnitude of induced emf
- Define induced emf, induced current and electromagnetic induction
- State lenz’s law of electromagnetic induction
- Dimensional formula for induced emf, mutual inductance of two coils and coefficient of self induction
- Does lenz’s law holds for an open circuit?
- Two factors on which the self inductance of an air-core coil depends
- Name the quantity in electrical circuits which play the same role as inertia in mechanics
- Explain whether an induced current will be developed in a conductor, if it is moved parallel to a magnetic field
- A wire pointing north-south is dropped freely towards earth. Will any potential difference be induced across it’s ends?
- If the wire kept in the east-west direction be dropped freely, then?
- Prove that the dimensions of emf are same as those of rate of change of magnetic flux
- The SI unit of coefficient of induction is henry. Using any defining equation for coefficient of self induction or coefficient of mutual induction, show that 1 henry = 1 ohm-second
- Derivation of the formula V=Bvl when a straight conductor is moving in an uniform magnetic field
- Proof of Faraday’s law by explaining the electromagnetic induction in terms of Lorentz force
- What is coefficient of coupling?
- Mutual inductance of two coaxial solenoids and mutual inductance of two plane coils
- Formula for the self inductance of a long solenoid and of a plane coil
- Calculation of self inductance in series and parallel connections
- Detailed study of eddy current and its application
- The magnetic flux threading a coil changes from 12 x 10-3 Wb to 6 x 10-3 Wb in 0.01 second. Calculate the induced emf
- The magnetic flux through a coil perpendicular to its plane and directed into the paper varies with time t (in second)
ФB = (6t2 + 7t + 1) milliweber
Find the magnitude of the emf induced in the coil at time t= 2 second. Also find the current and its direction in the resistance R, if R = 10 Ω
To get the complete study material for this chapter, Click Here
- When the current flowing through a coil P decreases 0.50 A to 0.0 in 0.2 second, an emf of 60 volt is induced across the terminals of an adjacent coil Q. Calculate coefficient of mutual inductance of the coils P and Q
- A conducting rod of length L with one end is rotated with uniform angular speed ώ in a vertical plane normal to a uniform magnetic field B. Find an expression for the emf induced in this rod
To get the NCERT solution for this chapter, Click Here
- Two coils of self inductances L1 and L2 are placed so close that the effective flux in one is completely linked with the other. Find the mutual inductance M between them
Visit continuously in CBSE Section to Get SOLVED & UNSOLVED question papers, Sample papers, online test with solution, study material And Much More………