KVS has announced the names of shortlisted candidates for the interview round of PGT, TGT and PRT 2018-19 Exam for total 1079 Post Graduate Teacher (PGT) Vacancies, 3908 Trained Graduate Teacher (TGT) Vacancies and 3000Primary Teacher (PRT) Vacancies. So, the candidates are advised to start their preparation for the Interview round to clear the final selection phase of the KVS PGT/TGT/PRT 2018 Exam. For your ease we compiled the most important questions that have been frequently asked in KVS PGT, TGT and PRT Interview Round.
Interview round will be of 60 Marks. The final merit list will be based on the performance of the candidates in Written Test and Interview. The weightage of Written Test and Interview will be 85:15. So, let’s have a look at those important Interview questions alongwith their answers for KVS PGT/TGT/PRT final selection round:
Q1 - Tell me something about yourself.
Answer: You are required to give a brief about your academic and professional qualification to make the interviewer understand about your background. The location of your studies and work experience will also highlight your adaptability to work in different locations.
Q2. Why do you want to become a teacher?
Answer: Tell your goals and objectives while answering this question. The best answer to this question would involve the roles and responsibilities you would be able to perform for the society while being a government teacher. It will make a lasting impression on interviewer.
Q3. Why do you want to join Kendriya Vidyalaya as a teacher?
Answer: Here the interviewer wants to check your knowledge about the Kendriya Vidyalaya. You must read thoroughly about KVS before going to the interview round.
Q4. Are you ready to work in any City?
Answer: Explain your priorities and how comfortable you are in relocating to another place or to remote locations.
Q5. Which was your favourite subject during your Graduation and Post Graduation?
Answer: Tell the name of the subject in which you have the proficiency. Interviewer will ask more questions on your favourite subjects subsequently.
Q6. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
Answer: In this answer, you need to describe your positive and negative features. For example, good communications skills, strong academedic background, leadership qualities, etc. You will need to mention the weaknesses that you had earlier and later you managed to overcome them by your efforts and dedication.
Q7: Describe a difficult work situation how you overcame it?
Answers: Try to mention some incidents in which you along with your teammates were able to come out of a problem or difficult situation through teamwork and try to be positive.
Q8. Do you read newspapers? What you read?
Answer: Tell the names of the newspapers which you read on a daily basis. This question helps the interviewer to know your reading habits and your awareness regarding the important events occurring internationally and nationally.
Q9. How do you spend your spare time?
Answer: When answering these kinds of interview questions, provide answers that are honest, but that also show that you are a well-rounded person who is passionate about particular things. Avoid answers that make you seem uninteresting or, even worse, inappropriate. Also try to tell your interests in things which will showcase your good teaching skills.
Q10. What are the responsibilities of a school teacher?
Answer: The major responsibilities of a school teacher are to:
1. Helping children to move from early phases of learning to become expert
2. Conducting and grading tests
3. Working with students both in groups and personally
4. Tracking, monitoring and Supervising the performance and progress of each student
5. Regular meeting with parents to discuss student’s progress
Q11. What are the duties of a school teacher?
Answer: The most important duties of a School teacher are:
1. Preparing material for seminars and presentations
2. Enforcing disciplinary actions & conducting progress reports
3. Assessment of student progress and discussing concepts
4. Making administrative and budget decisions
Q12. How will you manage a lazy student?
Answer: These type of questions tests your skills to handle a difficult student. Try to give answers in such a manner that highlight your good teaching skills.
Q13. How you will maintain discipline in your class?
Answer: Interviewer is checking whether you know different methods of maintainining classroom discipline or not. Some of them are:
1. Know school guidelines for discipline procedures.
2. Be fair, positive and consistent.
3. Provide a list of standards and consequences to parents and students.
4. Keep your classroom orderly.
5. Get to know your students.
6. Let the students know you care.
7. Treat students with the same respect you expect from them.
8. Begin class on time and in a professional manner.
9. Make learning fun.
10. Praise good work, good responses and good behavior.
11. Don’t threaten or use sarcasm.
12. Avoid arguing with students.
13. Be mobile, moving around the room as students work or respond to instruction.
14. Grade assignments and return them as soon as possible.
Q14. Do you have knowledge about computers?
Answer: Tell them about your knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Internet. The interviewer is checking whether you have the basic knowledge of computer applications or not.
Q15. How you can use computer for your class?
Answer: Interviewer is checking whether you will be able to use modern techniques like e-learning in classroom teaching or not.
Q16. Explain what will be your approach when a lesson does not work well?
Answer: The answer to this question would be the solution to the problem faced by a teacher in a class while explaining a lesson such as:
1. Concentrate on the weakness of the lessons & Utilize useful resource
2. Make the content easy and more comprehensive
3. Take advice and guidance from other experienced teachers
Q17. What is pedagogy?
Answer: The method and practice of teaching, especially as an academic subject or theoretical concept.
Q18. Why don't you think about Lectureship?
Answer: Here Interviewer is checking whether you will stick to the government teacher job or not. Try to frame the answer in such a manner which will show your interest in becoming a government school teacher rather than a lecturer in a college.
The above questions will help in boosting your confidence during your interview round which will eventually result in high score. Candidates are advised to thoroughly prepare the above interview questions for acing the KVS PGT/TGT/PRT 2018 Interview Round.