JEE Advanced 2019: Detailed Analysis, Students’ Reaction for Paper 1 and 2
JEE Advanced 2019 exam for both papers 1 and 2 was conducetd on May 27, 2019. Here we bring the exam analysis, students’ feedback about the difficulty level of the examination and other important details about JEE Advanced 2019 Result and counselling process.
IIT Roorkee conducted the JEE Advanced 2019 exam for both Paper 1 and Paper 2 in online (Computer Based Test) mode on 27 May. Examination for Paper 1 was conducted from 9.00 AM to 12.00 PM whereas Paper 2 was conducted in second shift from 2.00 PM to 4.00 PM. Differently abled students were provided an extra hour during both papers. According to most of the students the JEE Advanced 2019 was of moderate difficulty level. However, Paper 2 was somewhat easier than Paper 1.
JEE Advanced 2019 Response Sheet Releassed!
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee has released the candidate response sheet of JEE Advanced 2019 in online mode. Students can check their JEE Advanced 2019 candidate response sheet by logging in through the candidate portal.
Check following link to know the details to access the JEE Advanced 2019 answer sheet or response sheet:
Here, we are providing the detailed analysis of JEE Advanced Examination 2019 and talk about students’ reaction on the difficulty level of Paper 1 and 2.
JEE Advanced 2019 Paper 2 Analysis: Students' reaction
- Mathematics section was the toughest of all there sections, however, relatively easier than paper 1.
- Questions in Maths were highly conceptual.
- Physics section was of moderate level but easier than Paper 1.
- Most of the questions in Physics section were application based.
- Chemistry section was the easiest one as was in Paper 1.
JEE Advanced 2019 Paper 1 Analysis: Students' feedback about the difficulty level of paper
- Mathematics was the toughest and the lengthiest section.
- In Maths, more number of questions were asked from Algebra and Coordinate Geometry.
- Physics was of moderate level.
- Chemistry section was comparatively easier.
- Physics section had more of concept based questions (with calculations).
- Overall difficulty level of Paper 1 was marked moderate.
- Maximum weightage was given to class 12 syllabus.
JEE Advanced 2019 Paper 1: Marking Scheme and Exam Pattern
- JEE Advanced 2019 Paper 1 comprised of 54 questions.
- Paper 1 carried a total of 186 marks.
- Exam duration was of 2 hours.
- Paper-1 had three parts: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Each part was again divided into three sections:
Section 1: 4 MCQs with one correct option (maximum marks 12)
Section 2: 4 MCQs with one or more than one correct options (maximum marks 32)
Section 3: 6 numerical answer type questions (maximum marks = 18)
- Each section carried maximum 62 marks.
JEE Advanced 2019 Analysis: Expert's Comment
“The Mathematics section was the toughest and lengthy. The Physics section was also tough & lengthy. Most of the questions in the Physics section were calculation based questions. Whereas the Chemistry section was as per expectation and in line with the trend, this applies for both paper I and Paper II”, said Mr Partha Halder, Centre-Head, FIIT JEE.
JEE Advanced 2019 Result:
The result of JEE Advanced 2019 will be announced on June 14. Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) will conduct the JEE Main counselling and seat allotment process for admission to the participating institutes. Only those candidates who have qualified JEE Main and JEE Advanced will be eligible to attend the counselling process by JoSAA. This year, a total of 11,279 seats are available in IIT's for admission to B.Tech programmes.