UGC NET December 2015: Notification
The Central Board Secondary education invited application for UGC National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) December 2015.
The Central Board Secondary education (CBSE) invited application for UGC National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) December 2015. Eligible candidates can apply online on or before 01 November 2015.
The examination is conducted for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor both in Indian universities and colleges. CBSE will conduct NET in 99 subjects at 89 selected NET Coordinating Institutions spread across the country.
Last Date of Online Application: 01 November 2015
Last Date of Submission of Fee: 02 November 2015
Date of Examination: 27 December 2015
Eligibility Criteria for UGC NET December 2015:
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC (list attached page No. 22 to 48) in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science &Applications, Electronic Science etc. (list of subjects of post graduation attached at page No. 19 to 20) are eligible for this Test. The Other Backward Classes(OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ persons with disability(PWD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of Junior Research Fellowship/eligibility for Assistant professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree examination OR equivalent with at least 55% marks(50% marks in case of OBC(Non- creamy layer)/SC/ST/PWD(persons with disability) category candidates. Such candidates must complete their P.G degree examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991(irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post graduation only. The candidates, whose post graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects in item No.14 (on page 12-13), may appear in a related subject.
- Candidates are neither required to send any certificates/documents in support of their eligibility nor printout of their Application Form (Confirmation Page) to CBSE. However the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the UGC/CBSE at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/ Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master‟s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi. (www.aiuweb.org).
Syllabus for UGC NET December 2015:
All questions of Paper – II and Paper – III will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus (including all electives, without options). Syllabi for all NET subjects can be downloaded from the UGC website www.ugc.ac.in and are also available in the libraries of all Indian Universities. CBSE will not send the syllabus to individual candidates.
Admit Card for UGC NET December 2015:
Admission Card will be uploaded on the website www.cbsenet.nic in the second week of December, 2015.
Selection Procedure for UGC NET December 2015:
Candidates will be selected on the basis of examination conducted by the organization.
How to Apply for UGC NET December 2015:
Candidates eligible for UGC NET December 2015 can apply online along with other necessary documents on or before 01 November 2015.