CBSE Class 12 Geography Answer Key 2023: The Central Board of Secondary Examination (CBSE) Class 12 examinations have commenced, and the significant humanities stream exam of Geography was conducted today, March 02, 2023, from 10:30 AM to 1:30 PM. Lakhs of students sat for the exam, and all had different experiences. Some found it challenging, others too easy. One popular after-exam tradition among students is discussing the question papers. It’s not a recommended practice, but can be quite irresistible. The anticipation and the relief of board exams are immense. However, going over answers after exams can also reveal mistakes in questions. But only if you go over the CBSE Class 12 answer key as soon as possible will you know what and how to dispute. The board doesn’t release the CBSE Class 12 Geography exam 2023 answer key this soon. However, you can check the correct answer key for the SET 1, 2, 3 and 4 CBSE class 12 Geography paper 2023 here. It’ll help you get an early idea of your expected exam score. You can refer to the CBSE class 12 Geography paper 2023 answer key in this article.
Related: CBSE Class 12 Geography Paper Analysis 2023
Related: CBSE Class 12 Geography Question Paper 2023
CBSE Class 12 Geography Paper Answer Key 2023
CBSE hasn’t released the 2023 class 12 Geography question paper or answer key yet. However, you can check out the authentic and expert-verified question paper and CBSE Class 12 Geography answer key 2023 here.
CBSE Class 12 Geography 2023 Answer Key
Section - A
1. Which one of the following activities is related to quaternary activities?
(A) Production of information
Answer: (A) Production of information
2. In a developed economy, the majority of workers get employment in which of the following sectors of economy?
(A) Primary sector
(B) Secondary sector
(C) Tertiary sector
(D) Quaternary sector
Answer: (B) Secondary sector
3. Which one of the following approaches was initially proposed by the International Labour Organisation (ILO)?
(A) Income Approach
(B) Welfare Approach
(C) Basic Needs Approach
(D) Capability Approach
Answer: (C) Basic Needs Approach
4. Which of the following is NOT a key area in human development?
(A) Access to resources
(B) Long and healthy life
(D) Economic disadvantage
Answer: (D) Economic disadvantage
5. Who, among the following economists created the Human Development Index in the year 1990?
(A) Prof. Amartya Sen
(B) Dr. Manmohan Singh
(C) Dr. Mahbub-ul-Haq
(D) Ellen C. Semple
Answer: (C) Dr. Mahbub-ul-Haq
6. Identify the feature of mixed farming from the following:
(A) It is most advanced and efficient type of rearing milch animals
(B) Equal emphasis is laid on crop cultivation and animal husbandry
(C) It was introduced by the Europeans in colonies
(D) The regions where farmers specialised in vegetables only
Answer: (B) Equal emphasis is laid on crop cultivation and animal husbandry
7. Which one of the following is NOT a characteristic of retail trading?
(A) It is concerned with sale of goods directly to the consumers.
(B) Most of the retail trading takes place in fixed establishments
(C) Most of the retail stores procure their supplies from intermediate stores.
(D) Retail trading constitutes bulk business through numerous intermediary merchants and supply houses.
Answer: (D) Retail trading constitutes bulk business through numerous intermediary merchants and supply houses.
8. Modern manufacturing is NOT characterised by which one of the following?
(A) A complex machine technology
(B) Vast capital
(C) Small organisation
(D) Executive bureaucracy
Answer: (C) Small organisation
9. Which of the following is an example of ancient town?
Answer: (A) Hyderabad
10. Choose the correct pair from the following:
(A) Industrial town - Vishakhapatnam
(B) Transport town - Satna
(C) Commercial town - Bhilai
(D) Administrative town - Bhopal
Answer: (D) Administrative town - Bhopal
11 Which of the following commission replaced 'Planning Commission'?
(A) Election Commission
(B) NITI Aayog
(C) Law Commission
(D) Education Commission
Answer: (B) NITI Aayog
12. Which of the following statement is NOT true regarding Indira Gandhi Canal?
(A) It was previously known as Rajasthan canal.
(B) It originates at Harika barrage in Punjab.
(C) The canal runs almost parallel to Pakistan border.
(D) Rajasthan is least benefitted by this canal.
13. Which of the following is NOT true about Bharmaur tribal region?
(A) This region comprises of Bharmaur and Holi of Chamba district.
(B) It is not a notified tribal area.
(C) It is mainly inhabited by Gaddi tribal community.
(D) The tribal practise transhumance.
14. Which one of the following is NOT a significant factor in creating noise pollution?
(A) Mechanised construction
(C) Fodder cutting machine
(D) Variety of industries
15. Why did the people of Jhabua tribal community suffer from poverty?
Choose the option which is NOT correct.
(A) High rate of forests degradation
(B) Land degradation
(D) Implementation of watershed management
Answer: (D) Implementation of watershed management
16. How did people manage to develop pasture lands? Choose the correct option.
(A) Use of barbed wire to protect pastures.
(B) Pasture lands were not under any encroachment.
(C) Pastures were common property resources, hence they developed it.
(D) Govt. officials did not interfere in any work of the villagers.
Answer: (C) Pastures were common property resources, hence they developed it.
17. How did the Bhils, through their on efforts revitalise the common property resources? Choose the correct option.
(A) Common land was brought under cultivation
(B) They controlled open grazing on the common property resources
(C) No tree plantation was taken up.
(D) They developed water resources.
Answer: (B) They controlled open grazing on the common property resources
Here are some other Geography study material for you to refer
Before you head out, be sure to go through the following important resources for CBSE Class 12 board exams 2023