Criticism - one of those words that itself looks to be negative and giving a feeling like being pessimistic and unwilling to accept or making a massive disagreement. But to everyone’s utter surprise it’s not like that. It is somewhat different from what people perceive.
Criticism means the expression of disagreement of someone or something that is based on perceived beliefs, faults and mistakes.
Now the point is whether to consider it good or not. Basically, if we go by it’s meaning then to criticize someone is bad but simultaneously it may lead to improvement of the person being criticized and he becoming a better person not repeating the mistakes again hence proving criticism to be good. So, it entirely depends upon the perceived value hidden behind the criticism.
The good in criticism accounts for the following facts:
• Constructive: The good form of criticism holds for the constructive criticism which follows valid feedback both optimistic and pessimistic.
• Scope for improvements: Since, constructive criticism helps in locating the faults, mistakes made by people they can equitably work upon it and improve their activities so that a better and heedful life can be lived. Criticism calls for improvement on one plane and avoiding the unwanted issues issues on the other plane.
• Credibility & Expertise status: A constructive criticism may always make the criticizer a central character among people. More credibility and honors would be given and his/her advise and criticism would rather be taken as an Expert advise. So, it may add to the status-quo of the person criticizing.
• Keeps personal grudges and feelings aside: A Constructive criticism always leads to focusing of the person being criticized on improvement and betterment and this is the rightest way in which personal grudges can be avoided peacefully.
Now if we talk about something that is not good about Criticism then we can come up with the undermentioned points of concern:
• Leads to feeling of demotivation: A person being criticized may at times feel demotivated because of the fact that his efforts have not been rightfully and justifiably appreciated. And that may further lead to his increased hesitation in moving ahead and forward.
• Misused by certain people: Many people in the society misuse Criticism to humiliate and portray bad images of their rivals or competitors or personal relations and hamper their images in the society among the masses.
• Danger of creation of false and destructive image: Many a times it occurs that those people who criticize others are seen as the villains of the society and therefore their images gets automatically shattered and abruptly damaged in the eyes of people. So, doing criticism may affect adversely to the criticizer as well.
So we can very easily understand the fact that if Criticism is done in a positive and constructive way then it may lead to come up with good and fair outcome but if criticism is done destructively it may lead to account for the adverse effects on the society both personally and generally. Every type of criticism done or practiced, in some form or the other, affects a person and that entirely depends upon the perceived value of both the criticizer as well as the person being criticized. Moreover, criticism is something that each one of us face every now and then in this fast moving rapid life and hence we must be very careful about the subject of concern.
“Jagran Josh also helps to get information about Top MBA Institutes based upon your choice of Location and Specialization.Click here to get details & the Best Seller “MBA Pedia” eBook, absolutely FREE.