ssc si preparation tips
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has invited applicants for recruitment examination for the posts of Sub Inspector (SI) in Delhi Police and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) and Assistant Sub Inspector (ASI) post in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF). The candidates who have applied for the post need to start preparation for the written examination. The written examination consists of two papers namely Paper I and Paper II. The paper I carries four subjects namely, General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Knowledge and General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and English Comprehension. The paper I consists of 200 marks in total for which the candidates would get 2 hours’ time. The Paper II in the written test consists of English Language and Comprehension paper, which consists of 200 marks. The questions in paper II are also objective type and the candidates need to pass both the written examination to get final selection. There would be deductions in marks for each incorrect answer.
The Paper I written examination conducted from 01 July, 2017 to 07 July, 2017 respectively and Paper-II will be conducted on 15-Dec-2017 as per the SSC notification.
Tips and Strategies for the written examination
Take Online Quiz
- Focus on the English language properly: The paper I and II of the written examination contains English language and comprehension and the candidates are expected to have a thorough knowledge of the language. The candidates are expected to have a good writing ability and comprehension skills as well. This could be achieved by regular practice of reading and writing. The candidates must have a good stock of words and work on the vocabulary on daily basis.. The knowledge of Grammar and its applications is another major aspect in this subject, which the candidates must take care off. The candidates can also refer well guided books available in the market to prepare for the language before the examination.
SSC SI CAPF exam 2017: Name of posts, pay scale, and vacancies
- Sharpen your quantitative knowledge: Those candidates who fear mathematics need to get back to the basics and start afresh during their preparation.. The candidates must be aware of the basic mathematical operations and formulas read in the secondary and senior secondary level. They should also learn shortcuts, tricks and formulas from various online and offline sources to answer the questions within given time.
- Look for latest news and events: Candidates need to undergo current news of national and international importance. They should note down topics from the varied field related to History, Culture, Geography, Economy and Polity. This would help candidates to solve General Awareness section of the paper. The candidates should develop regular habit of newspaper reading and scroll through online resources to collect information from the world. Noting down the events and revising them over the time would help the candidates memorize the read material and help score in the examination.
SSC SI CISF 2017: Scheme of examination and new pattern
- Develop Logical Reasoning through regular practice: Practice is the key for General Intelligence and Reasoning paper. The candidates need to answer questions related to both verbal and non-verbal reasoning in this paper. It requires the candidates to be logically sharp and have decision making power. The candidates must develop the skills through constant practice from the previous year question papers and undergoing mock tests regularly.
- Make sure to finish on time: Both the papers in the written test would consist of 200 questions each for which the candidates would be given 2 hours’ time. The only key to accurately answer the entire question paper in such a short time is to practice. The important fact is never to get stuck in any particular question and move to the known questions first. The candidates must set timer while preparing for the examination to have an exact idea of how much time they are taking to solve the questions and how to better it further.
SSC SI ASI CAPF 2017: Complete examination syllabus
All the best!