Only few hours are left “CMAT 2017” and it is time to get ready for your last minute revisions. The CMAT exam pattern is somewhat similar to CAT with 180 minutes (3hrs duration) in hand. It has total 100 questions. 25 question each from every section (i.e. Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, and General Awareness). The exam is not as difficult as compared to other MBA entrance exams like XAT, CAT etc. But, negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer makes it difficult to score a high percentile.
Having an idea about the important topics that should be revised at the last minute and what all areas need to be focused in the exam makes it easy to crack this exam.
Focusing on each section and using these few hours to brush up important topics and planning out strategy to approach your paper would help you to perform best in those 3 hours.
Section 1: General Awareness [25 question (Max marks: 100)]
- Usually students tend to ignore this section as they think that studying for this section very tedious and time consuming.
- In order to revise this section at the last moment candidates are advised to read current news updates and regarding Business, politics, sports, awards and distinctions, books. We have also prepared a list of top 100 questions that sums up the current happenings of the year 2016.
Section 2: Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation [25 question (Max marks: 100)]
- This section involves faster calculation skills and ability so that you can attempt half of the question orally.
- Since the questions are easier than other exams, they will be based on direct concept and formulas.
- The important topics that should be revised are- Geometry, Simple Interest, Compound interest, Work, Algebra, and Probability
- For data interpretation one must be good at calculations and for that you need practice. You can revise one question for each type of DI question so that you know how to approach the question in the exam.
Section 3: Logical Reasoning [25 question (Max marks: 100)]
- This section is comparatively easier than other sections. You can score well in this if you analyze the solution while reading the questions. Therefore these questions should be read properly and slowly
- Important topic are-Data Arrangement, Coding and Decoding, Blood Relations, Direction Sense, Input/Output analysis, Series and Sequences and Critical Reasoning
Section 4: Language Comprehension [25 question (Max marks: 100)]
- This section devotes its major part to vocabulary. So the while attempting vocabulary questions one should be sure about the answer as the options given are confusing
- There are also questions on Sentence Correction, Reading Comprehension, Antonyms, Analogies, Fill in the blanks, Sentence Completion, Synonyms & Para Jumbles, etc.
- One should start this section from reading comprehensions, para jumbles, Sentence correction as there are very less chances of losing marks in this section
Other than the above tips candidate should follow some key rules during the exam
- You should never compromise on accuracy
- You should be focused and relaxed.
- Should not panic in case they are unable to do questions in the beginning
- Focus on your strength and first do the questions you are sure about
We hope that the last minute tips to revise for the CMAT 2017 exam mentioned in this article will make your revision process easier.
For more updates on CMAT 2017, keep visiting MBA section of jagranjosh.com
Also Read: About CMAT Exam Syllabus – Click Here
Also Read: About CMAT Test Centers – Click Here
Also Read: About CMAT Exam Pattern – Click Here
Also Read: About CMAT Exam Important Dates – Click Here
Also Read: About CMAT Exam Analysis – Click Here
Latest Updates on CMAT 2017: