The official CAT 2018 Answer Key for the recently conducted MBA entrance exam has been released today.The PDFs links for CAT 2018 answer key for slot 1 and slot 2 are given below. Candidates can click on the link to download the CAT answer key PDF.
IIM Calcutta, the institute in-charge of conducting the CAT 2018 exam, released the answer key earlier then scheduled. The CAT answer key was expected ot be relased at 5PM instead, it was released earlier by 11AM on December 07. Candidates or test-takers who have appeared for the CAT 2018 exam can now download the CAT 2018 answer key.
This year, in addition to releasing the answer key, IIM calcutta has also invited objections against the released answer key. However, the fees for raising an objection has been hiked to Rs. 1200/- (for each objection) from Rs. 1000/- (in 2017). To know the objection filing process please read on.
Confirming the reports, IIM-Calcutta Official said that IIM Calcutta has not released the answer key for the CAT examination, it is the candidate’s respective questions with response sheet which have been released. The answer key of this year CAT examination was released at 11AM.
Earlier, a few media outlets had misreported the release of Candidate Response Sheet containing the answers provided by the test-takers in the exam as the release of CAT 2018 as the official answer key. This led to confusion among the students regarding the status CAT 2018 Answer key. In response, IIM Calcutta has issued this clarification along with the official release date for the CAT answer key 2018.
What is CAT 2018 Answer Key?
The CAT 2018 Answer Key is an important document that contains the right answers to all the questions asked in the CAT 2018 exam for both slot 1 and slot 2. Last year, IIM Lucknow had released the CAT exam answer key and question paper simultaneously for Slo1 and Slo2 of the exams. Since the completion of CAT 2018 exam on 25th November at 370+ test centres across India, aspirants are eagerly waiting for the CAT 2018 answer key to gauge their performance.
CAT 2018 Answer Key – Release Date
As per the latest news reports, the CAT 2018 answer key for the MBA entrance exam will be released by IIM Calcutta on 7th December at 5PM in evening on the official website www.iimcat.ac.in. IIMs started releasing the CAT exam papers and CAT exam answer keys from last year. As per the last year’s trend, the CAT 2018 Answer Key will be released in PDF format and will contain all the question sets with the answers marked in green colour.
CAT 2018 Exam Date
25th November 2018
CAT 2018 Answer Key Release
7th December 2018
CAT 2018 Deadline for filing Objections
2nd Week of December 2018
CAT 2018 Result
2nd Week of January 2019
How to Download CAT 2018 Answer Key?
Only those candidates who have registered for the CAT 2018 exam will be able to download the CAT 2018 Answer Key from the official test website i.e. www.iimcat.ac.in. As per your eligibility, you will be able to check either Slot 1 or Slot 2 answer key by following the 5 simple steps given below:
- Step 1: Visit the official test website
- Step 2: Click on the option for “Question Paper and Objection Form”
- Step 3: Login using your CAT 2018 User Id and password
- Step 4: Check the CAT 2018 Questions and Answers
- Step 5: If you have any objections against the released answer key, submit them on the portal
Also Read: CAT 2018 Exam Analysis Slot 1
Why CAT 2018 Answer Key is released?
CAT exam answer key and question paper were released for the first time by IIM Lucknow in 2017. IIM Calcutta is also following this trend and will be releasing the answer key in the 2nd week of December. The key purpose behind releasing the answer key for CAT 2018 exam is to make the examination process completely transparent. By releasing the CAT exam answer key, the institute gives test-takers an opportunity to raise queries and submit their objections against the CAT 2018 question paper and answers. Additionally, the CAT 2018 answer key also helps candidates estimate their expected CAT 2018 score and plan their future course of action for admission process. Release of CAT 2018 exam answer key strengthens the credibility of the test.
How to file Objection on CAT Answer Key 2018?
Along with releasing the CAT 2018 Answer Key, IIM Calcutta will also give an opportunity to the candidates to raise objections and file queries against the CAT 2018 test paper for slot 1 and slot 2. CAT 2018 test-takers can follow the simple steps given below to file objection against the CAT 2018 Answer Key.
- Step 1: Visit official website of CAT 2018
- Step 2: Login to the portal using your CAT 2018 User ID and Password
- Step 3: Click on the 'Objection Form' tab
- Step 4: Click on the ‘+’ sign on the tab
- Step 5: Select Section, Question Number
- Step 6: Select Type of Objection from the options given below
- Option (i): None of the options are a correct answer
- Option (ii): More than one option is a correct answer
- Option (iii): Answer Key is incorrect
- Step 6: Add remarks for the objection (Word Limit: 500)
- Step 7: Submit the Objection
- Step 8: Pay the requisite fee for raising the Objection: Rs 1000 per question
Also Read: CAT 2018 Exam Analysis - Slot 2
CAT 2018 Objection Filing: Key Points to Remember
Below are the few key-points that candidates must remember while filing objections against CAT 2018 Answer Key.
- CAT 2018 test-taker can file as many objections as they want
- Candidate has to pay Rs 1000 per question to raise objections
- If the Objection raised against CAT 2018 Answer Key is found to be valid by the IIM expert panel, the fee will be refunded
- If the Objection is found to be valid, remedial action regarding it will be taken for all the candidates and not only for the candidate filing the objection
For more informative articles on CAT 2018 exam, please visit www.jagranjosh.com/mba.